Thursday, December 16, 2010

Games

A friend of mine recently asked me what my favorite sports movies were. So I decided to include them here.

As a matter of preface, I generally don't like sports movies. To much inspiration.

I refuse to sacrifice a good story to see the team win in the end. (i.e. Remember the titans, Radio etc.) Conveniently enough, most of the time they do. Except for Rocky. Sorry if I spoiled it for anyone, however if you haven't seen Rocky, you're are seriously missing out. So my goal here is to show the movies that are great stories that happen to have sports elements to them.

This is also the order I would watch them in:

1.Rocky
2.Field of Dreams
3. Raging Bull
4. The Pride of the Yankees
5. Million Dollar Baby
6. A League of their Own
7. The Natural
8. Chariots of Fire
9. Eight men out
10.The Hurricane

** Rudy gets an honorable mention, because let's face it, it's Rudy. When he walks on that field at the end and his dad cries...Oh boy, I'm crying. My keyboard is all wet. This is embarrassing.

No comments:

Post a Comment