Monday, September 13, 2010

A Caveat

We might have to go through the email line-by-line, because sometimes I get lost. For example, it says:

Psalm 50: Millennial Jerusalem is described as shining forth. God’s judgment of the wicked is also revealed.


I agree Psalm 50 (at least the beginning) is talking about the second coming and foreshadows the Great White Throne Judgment. But I don't see how this chapter proves a Millennial Jerusalem. I know it says:

2 From Zion, perfect in beauty,
God shines forth.

3 Our God comes and will not be silent;
a fire devours before him,
and around him a tempest rages.


But why can't this equally describe the New Jerusalem on the New Earth after the second coming, after 'the end of the age', after the 'Millennial Kingdom'? The chapter can fit either paradigm.

So, while this email is really helpful, I'm running into snags like this one. If you want more examples, just let me know. But it's basically a case of 'fitting into both paradigms' that's keeping me from getting the email's point.

No comments:

Post a Comment